Improving lives through improved procedures.
Whether you’re having a routine appendectomy or undergoing delicate brain surgery, you want the most specialized and experienced care. Which is exactly what you’ll find at LRMC. In fact, no other facility in Polk County offers more skill and innovation in as many surgical specialties. LRMC offers almost every surgical specialty there is. General, cardiovascular, urologic, gynecologic, oncologic, ENT, neurosurgery, vascular and trauma surgery – we perform them all. In our 15 main operating rooms, three cardiovascular and three dedicated obstetric/gynecologic operating rooms, patients have the advantage of the latest surgical equipment, including lasers and laparoscopic tools. Equally important is the nurse that is assigned to each patient, serving as an advocate throughout the surgical experience. This 1:1 registered nurse to patient ratio on the unit exemplifies our commitment to patient safety and care.
- View an informative video from LRMC about surgery preparation.
- View a video with information about adult surgery procedures.
- View a video with information about pediatric surgery procedures.
- A free guide to having surgery at LRMC.
- Educational Website for Surgical Patients: www.facs.org/patienteducation