Technical Performance Standards for Admission
Students accepted into the Radiography Program must be physically capable of successfully performing the following standards safely, accurately and expeditiously.
- Lift, move and transport patients (from bed to wheelchair/stretcher or from wheelchair/stretcher to radiographic table) without causing undue pain or discomfort to the patient or one’s self.
- Position patients for various radiographic examinations without injury to the patient.
- Manipulate x-ray equipment into proper positions, including fixed and mobile units.
- Respond instantly to emergency situations that may otherwise jeopardize a patient’s physical state if speedy care is not administered.
- Evaluate written requisitions for radiographic procedures.
- Communicate the explanation of procedures and give effective instructions to patients.
- Obtain medical histories of patients and communicate this information to the radiologist.
- Evaluate radiographic images in relation to exposure factors, image quality and proper positioning of anatomical parts.
- Transport mobile equipment to assigned areas of the hospital in a timely and cautions manner.