Melanoma Clinical Trials
Clinical Trial #E1609:
- Ipilimumab versus standard Interferon for patients with stage IIIB, IIIC or IV melanoma that has been completely removed by surgery.
- Participants are allowed to have had intransit and satellite lesions if completely resected. Patients with an unknown primary site are eligible for the study as well. All participants must be HIV, HBV or HCVnegative within the last 4 weeks.
- Exclusions include, but are not limited to: Autoimmune disorders, Flu shot or other vaccine within 4 weeks of participation, inflammatory bowel disorder, diverticulitis or chronic diarrhea.
Clinical Trial # E3612:
- Ipilimumab with or without Bevacizumab for patients with stage III or IV unresectable measurable melanoma who are currently untreated or have had only one prior treatment.
- Patients should be > 18 years of age with a performance status of 0-1.
- Exclusions include but are not limited to: Prior treatment within 4 weeks of trial randomization, history of central nervous system metastases, surgical procedure or traumatic injury within 28 days prior to registration and chroinic use of full dose Warfarin , NSAIDs or aspirins >325 mg.
Clinical Trial #pIL-12-MEL:
- The use of an electrical current to increase the effectiveness of a new investigational drug for patients with melanoma lesions on their skin. LRCC is the only site participating in this study in the Eastern US.
- Participants must be 18 years or older with stage IIIB, IIIC or IV M1a with 2 to 4 cutaneous or in transit melanoma lesions accessible to electroporation. Previous chemotherapy or immunotherapy (other than IL-12) is allowed.
- Exclusions include, but are not limited to: Prior IL-12 or gene therapy. Concurrent immunotherapy, chemotherapy or radiation therapy. Active infection. Women who are pregnant or breast feeding. Patients with electronic pacemakers or defibrillators.
Clinical Trial # N0879:
- Carbo/Taxol/Avasitin with or without Everolimus for unresectable stage IV melanoma patients.
- Participants are allowed to have had one prior chemotherapy.
- Participants will need a biopsy of the metastatic lesion.
- Exclusions include, but are not limited to: Prior VEGF drugs, brain metastases, anti platelet therapy or Peripheral Vascular Disease.